Does anyone feel like 2018 is flying by? I mean, it’s already May! And May is actually my favorite month of the year, not so much because of the weather or anything, but because I get to eat a lot of cake. YUP. With Mother’s Day just around the corner and even my birthday, I am rather excited.
But enough about how I’m turning into a dinosaur! Welcome to this “new blog”. I call it new only because it’s a new URL for me. All I really did was import all my bookish content from my old blog because things weren’t really feeling right. And since I’ve become more involved in the bookish community I thought, why not have a blog where book people can get book content instead of some of the random stuff I would post on the other blog.
All the links on my other blog are still working since I didn’t delete the posts (so yes, there’s a duplicate somewhere in the blogosphere!) but no more bookish content will be added to my old blog. Unless it’s anime related.
I did go over what to expect on this blog in my About section but let me summarize it here: bookish posts like reviews, hauls, and possibly more feature content, and mini movie reviews. No anime or manga posts UNLESS I get it via Netgalley or whatever I’m reading somehow ends up connected to it. So if you want manga reviews and hauls, I’d also follow the other blog.
I also decided to upload a portfolio section here as I am an art student and needed a place to start showcasing stuff. AND I added a link to my writing blog, which isn’t updated frequently. So far I haven’t decided to import it because there’s a lot of stuff on there AND I didn’t want to clutter up my menu. But feel free to check it out. I do fanfiction and original short stories/drabbles
Now that that’s been settled, up next I have my plans. I know, I mentioned not to expect anything from this blog in terms of a schedule But I do have some things I’m currently writing that you Can expect
- Sebastian (Family of Lies #1): A fantasy gay romance novel
- The Dragon of Ynys: A short story fairytale and author interview! An LGBTQ title
- Tournament of Losers: A gay romance novel. It has a fantasy feel but there’s no magic and it has a historical fiction feel
- Tales of the High Court, Books 1 + 2: I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to review both of them in the same post. One of them has been in my Netgalley TBR since FOREVER
- Red Rising: I think I’ve been reading this book for a year now…and I’ve finally finished it! A sci-fi read. I’m hesitant to call it YA because of the content (it’s Dark and Messed Up) but I did hear someone say it was…
- The Way You Make Me Feel: This is actually part of a blog tour so expect it on May 4th bright and early! Have I started reading? Not really but I will soon
I already have reviews outlined for the majority of these and two of them are pretty much scheduled already. That is 6 reviews for this month, which means at least one a week. YOSHI
I’ve been reading nonstop for about a week or so and right now I’m taking a few days rest to finish up some homework I left for last minute and to finish up those reviews I mentioned. Still, I try to listen to a bit of something during my commute and maybe an hour before I go to sleep (if I’m not exhausted, lol)
But here’s what I plan to read this month!
- Boy Meets Boy: I’m actually on chapter 2 for this and I’m planning to take the book with me to work! So far the audiobook is GREAT. It makes me smile like a Dork
- Transformation: The Merman: So this one is actually a really short story, just over 2 hours of listening. I’m hoping to get this one finished up before the week is done!
- The Bone Witch: This one is part of my Netgalley TBR and I need to finish it asap! I did already start it but I’m a little confused. It looks like we’re following the POV of two characters, the Bone Witch and a Bard. I think I might skip the audiobook and just read the physical book (which has been sitting on my desk for ages)
- None of the Above: I have been reading this book For Ages! I believe I’m halfway through and I want to actually finish it this month. No more procrastinating!
- The Strange Case of Mr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde: I think that’s what this is called…but I’m reading it for one of my classes so for sure I’ll be finishing soon
- Timekeeper: Another one that I started! I didn’t get too far in but I’m not getting good or bad vibes from it. Hopefully I end up liking it!
- The Dam Keeper: So I actually requested this comic on Netgalley and was rejected. I ended up getting it at the library afterwards and then found out there was a short film for it. Will be reviewing soon! Also, the second volume is coming out soon. I also requested it on Netgalley, let’s see how it goes!
I don’t usually keep to my plans, especially when it comes to reading but I listed books I’m already reading so hopefully it all goes well. These are books I plan to read in May so the reviews might come out in June or late May
Enjoy my content? Want to support me? Feel free to follow me on social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram), like this post, share it, and/or use the affiliate links I use on the blog! You can also support me by buying me a coffee ^^
Thanks for reading! Have you decided what’s going to be on your May TBR? Or are you more the type to just read as you go?